Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sprucing

So rather than quitting blogging, as I briefly considered, I'm instead making a few changes and fancifying things a bit. It's fun to do things with computers and see if I'm still remotely employable. So far, the results indicate that there are still portions of my brain that have not slowly leaked out my ears.

I began the project when, against my own advice, I became convinced that we had really turned over a new sleeping leaf and B was going to make it until 7 or 8 am every day, allowing me a few precious alone hours of tinkering and blogging. As I sit here it is 5:30 am and he is awake and chirping in the bedroom and I am pretending I don't hear him. That is not the point really, but I initially intended on accomplishing my little spruce in a day or two and then making a seamless transfer to the new fancy blog but things might not go exactly that way. Please pardon my dust while my virtual renovation falls behind schedule like all real ones.

Additionally, we are lucky enough to have more guests here at our inn. My sister-in-law and adorable nephew are in town from Africa. It's not a quick flight and we don't see them that often so I'm trying to cherish our time and keep my son from blinding his cousin. One of B's favorite new words is "eye" and for clarity's sake he likes to touch things when he names them. I should emphasize that his word is not eyelid but eye and he will take no substitute.








If I may add one more excuse on the pile for why I'm not meeting my time goals... (Future employers, please focus on my technical acumen here and not my complete lack of adherence to a schedule and bundle of excuses, thanks!) The presence of little T has not only been a joy for me but (mostly) for B as well. After a few early hiccups, fears of Mommy and Grandma stealing, and turf wars, B has embraced the role of big-cousin with minimal levels of violence, and most of it unintentional. Unfortunately, this has G saying things like, "Look! He's ready to be a brother! Do you want a little brother, B?" I know how it all works, I'm pretty sure, but there are still times when I become fearful that G could somehow impregnate me by saying these things a lot so I occasionally have to curl up in the fetal position and sob out of fear. It's a big time suck.

2 comments:

  1. G did not witness B's crying and neediness when you touched Miss M a few weeks ago! The cousins are sooo cute though and if they can fly from Africa, well, I have no excuses to be traveling the continent with her. I will blame iron my fear of inoculated people from whooping cough and the flu! I did reassure her that while we might have another child some day, don't worry, we don't have binders of them waiting in the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time with family visiting!! :) Look forward to the blog reno whenever it happens... just glad you are sticking around!!

    ReplyDelete