Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting to know baby

Although this little one is still very small (size of a prune according to my iPhone app) and very young (9 weeks and change) he/she is definitely already asserting his/herself! If the behaviors and tastes I've acquired recently are any indication, then I already know quite a bit about this tiny person.

1. Loves naps- I have never in my entire life been able to nap for even 5 minutes and now all of a sudden I can put my head down on the pillow and 2 hours pass. Since I'm unemployed right now this is a very welcome habit but I can see how it might set this kid up for a bit of a struggle with productivity.

2. Loves fat and salt- I don't claim to be without food vices. It is not unusual for me to down an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's or a pound of M&M's. Ever since this kid has been in the picture though all I have wanted is cheese, onion rings, tortilla chips, cheese, crackers, fries, and cheese.

3. Hates exercise- This one gets to me the most because I love exercising (I know it's lame to say that). Now it's a struggle to get myself out the door, it makes me feel a little pukey, and it exhausts me (see #1 for my solution).

I worry a little bit that this kid seems to be happiest when I'm watching TV in bed, eating cheese, about to take a nap. I guess we'll see in September but for now my mental picture of my baby is sort of frightening.

source

For now, the only real picture of my little Simpson is me at 9 weeks! See how tired I look!? It's possible that is more of a cheese and naps bump than a baby bump...

No comments:

Post a Comment