Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little man!!!!!!

source

I would just like to say that I have absolutely zero regrets about paying for the gender ultrasound at the mall. I really thought I would judge myself a bit and feel slightly silly on the day we went in for being so impatient. Nope!! It was great. All of the "normal" ultrasounds you get through your doctor have some sort of medical purpose (fairly reasonable). Although you are excited to see your little one squirming around there is always, at least with a nervous person such as myself, a base level of anxiety going into the test over whether or not they'll find something wrong with your hopefully perfect child. This time, however, it was just fun and exciting! G reeeeally wanted a boy and I even wanted one too so this turned out to be our best "appointment" yet!

The place was actually very nice, the people seemed trained and knowledgeable, and the ultrasound machines looked as fancy as the ones our doctor uses. My only fear about the day was that baby would be shy and show us crossed legs. Since I am starting to get the hang of this motherhood thing, I spent the whole week prior laying on my first motherly guilt trip. They say the baby can hear me now and I kind of believe this. I told my child how I haven't felt good since Christmas, my back hurts all the time, I have a very extensive denim collection and can't comfortably fit into any jeans anymore, I run at half my normal pace and even then breathe embarrassingly hard, etc. I told baby that all of these miseries would be forgiven if we could just get a nice view of the goods.

Like I said, I was born to be a mother because the guilt trip worked like a charm. As soon as that wand touched my belly, boom! There it was. Our little boy spread eagle! The tech said "Oh wow! I can tell you riiiight away what you're having!" As a way of saying thank you to my son for acquiescing to my demands, I've decided not to post the crotch shot on the internet so you'll just have to trust me that he's definitely a he.



All along this whole thing hasn't felt very "real" to me and I keep saying that with the next milestone I'll finally believe it's really happening. We heard the heartbeat and that was weird, we saw the baby for the first time and that was like watching a movie of someone else's baby, my belly has recently actually started sticking out and I just blamed that on extra snacks. Now that I know there is a boy in there and I can finally start saying HE and HIM instead of stuttering on my pronouns, it finally feels really really real! Who knew I was such a stickler for proper pronouns but I guess saying "him or her" was really stressing me out!

I'm finally starting to feel that irrational obsession with my little baby. It's great because I really do forgive him for feeling crappy and enormous! (Ok I never really held it against him personally but I am over it now regardless.) The only scary thing is I'm starting to question my own sanity a little. I always maintained I wouldn't be one of those moms who was completely delusional about their own kid. If I had an ugly baby for example, I would love it to death but I would at least know it was ugly! So... here are some of the other pictures from the ultrasound. Mostly he looks like a lizard and there is even one shot where he could be Voldemort's son. I realize this now (sort of) but I still think he's the cutest little lizard I've ever seen and I'm sort of obsessed with his freakishly gaunt little face!



As for G, he is totally over the moon about having a son. It was great to see him so happy and excited! And for everyone asking when the absolutely crushing pressure to become a professional soccer player will start, we own a single onesie and it is made by Adidas.

1 comment:

  1. And your gender prediction kit was right all along! :-) Congrats on the little man. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete