Friday, March 4, 2011

That's some melon!

Everyone's a comedian it seems. Like any overly proud "parent" I've been sending around baby's first ultrasound pictures and the number one comment we've been getting is "Wow, look at that head! Takes after daddy!" I just want to clarify that this is perfectly normal for a 3 month old fetus and it doesn't mean that I'm necessarily in for a terrible birth. (Ew, thank you for those jokes also!)
All of my previous assumptions about this little one's energy levels were definitely confirmed during the ultrasound. Baby appeared to be enjoying a nice nap and really didn't want to be disturbed. The ultrasound tech needed him/her to move a little bit to get a better view so she started aggressively jabbing at my stomach! Baby ignored her for a while but finally thrashed about a bit, seemingly saying "F off lady!" Then baby put a little hand over its face and went back to sleep. Adorable! Finally baby appears to take after me! Does NOT like being disturbed while sleeping.

Despite completely mocking me for taking the Intelligender test, G has recently declared himself to be a Dr. of fetal anatomy. Penis hunt 2011 is officially on! As far as I could tell, baby kept its little legs crossed the entire time and was the picture of modesty. After detailed inspections of all of the pics, however, G is otherwise convinced. I present to you the two pixel phantom penis.


I'm told we won't have the anatomy scan (where the doctor tells you the sex) until 18 or 20 weeks which is way too long to wait! Luckily I've discovered a sketchy little place at the mall that will do an elective gender scan at 15 weeks. They charge $79 for a walk-in and $59 if you book ahead of time. It's brilliant really as most people probably tell themselves they are patient enough to wait yet find themselves walking in on an impulse. I feel I am above those self-deniers as I am comfortable admitting that there is zero chance I will be able to wait and plan on booking my $59 scan asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment