In addition to reading strangers' pregnancy blogs, I also enjoy reading running blogs. Although I'm more of a recreational jogger these days, I still enjoy living vicariously through other people's athletic achievements. Besides training updates and race recaps, many of these blogs also feature recipes. It makes perfect sense, as running requires quite a bit of fuel. The recipes tend to be easy enough for normal people and even somewhat healthy which makes me feel even better about reading them (as if nutrition can be absorbed through the written word, since I have never once made any of these recipes myself). Anyways, I started thinking that food has just as much to do with growing a fetus as it does with running so maybe I should make my own contribution to the recipe blogosphere. Enjoy! I strongly suggest that after reading this, you also actually eat it. Yummm.
PPB&J Tea Sandwiches
Sometimes late at night you find yourself with a hankering for just a little something tasty to get you through until breakfast. Generally I want something a little sweet but I also feel guilty if I don't eat something with at least some nominal health benefits. To beautifully meet both requirements, I invented these delicious finger food sandwiches.
Ingredients
- Peanut Butter Puffins cereal (you could also use Peanut Butter Crunch but that isn't organic so you don't feel as smug)
- Life-giving Skippy Peanut Butter
- Low-Sugar Jelly (again, the specifics aren't important unless you desire smugness)
Details
- Generously smear peanut butter on one Puffin and jelly on another
- Sandwich them together, repeat 10000 times, and enjoy!
yay! I will convert you into writing a full on running blog when you aren't pregnant! haha :)
ReplyDeleteThese food pics are adorable.
Um btw I ran a 1:55 half marathon (at least it was a trail one) this weekend. I believe that's a good 4 minutes slower than the random one we did back sophomore year!
besides it being a trail marathon, you also just ran a really fast MARATHON! plus our time was awesome in houston :)
ReplyDeleteOMG, why have I not made these before. I am driving immediately to Trader Joes tomorrow after work to purchase peanut butter puffins so I can make these delicious looking sandwiches!! Also, I frequently enjoy eating large spoonfuls of peanut butter as my afternoon snack. As I am not currently growing a fetus, I hope this is still acceptable behavior!! Also, my mom survived on peanut butter milkshakes alone for the last 3 months she was pregnant with me and I weighed 9 lbs, 10 ounces when I was born and have loved peanut butter ever since. You are going to have a huge peanut-butter loving baby! =)
ReplyDeleteAmanda- you have to make the sandwiches, you will not regret it! Peanut butter milkshakes sound deeeelish but I might not go overboard. 9 lbs 10 ounces is... big.
ReplyDelete