I had my monthly OB appointment recently and as always it was a joy. They say it's normal to be enamored with your doctor. Apparently this is because no one else, besides your mom and yourself, cares as much about your pregnancy as much as he does. I pay him very good money to listen to me talk about it and he does a fine job.

I also love my doctor because of how sunny and positive he is. I walk in with a long, written list of worries and questions and he blows them off one by one. For someone slightly neurotic, this is the best experience in the world. This time I asked him about Preeclampsia and Gestational Diabetes since these are the two big issues that seem to plague people in their 3rd trimester (which I'm approaching quickly OMG). He literally laughed at me about Preeclampsia and said my blood pressure has been dropping every month and that he was more worried I was going to faint from standing up. He is a medical professional so the fact that he took this lightly was reassuring since that doesn't really sound healthy to me either...?
As for Gestational Diabetes he said he would test me for that around 28 weeks. I explained that I'll be out of town for my brother's wedding at 28 weeks, and more importantly my mom is making her famous pies for the wedding and I can't imagine not being able to eat them. (If you are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes you have to go on a special diet that involves restricting your carbs and sugar and those pies are pure, delicious, white, refined sugar.) So he said no problem, we would wait until after the wedding to test me and I can eat my pie in peace. Again, I'm not sure of the validity of this advice. It seems like prolonging the diagnosis doesn't actually prolong the onset of the condition but I like that he respects my interest in pie.
 |
| example of the tastiness that is my mom's lemon meringue pie |
The appointment ended on an almost as high note as the license to pound pies. I asked my doctor how far past my due date he would let me go before I'd be induced. See, I like to think that the little guy is super comfy in there and that I provide him with a wonderful home and he might not ever want to leave it. I mean what's not to like, I feed him tasty food all the time, he gets to listen to adult TV shows that he won't be allowed to watch for another 12+ yrs, and he doesn't even have to breathe on his own. I do everything for him and he just gets to sleep all day and kick the crap out of my insides. That and he might be aware of the condition his room is in which likely makes him reluctant to come out and face it.
 |
| there's a dresser in that box just waiting for the piles of baby clothes to jump into its drawers |
 |
| some day that pile will turn into a crib |
Regardless of how at home he is making himself in there my lovely doctor has issued him an eviction notice effective September 20th.
 |
| 24 weeks in his comfy little home |
No comments:
Post a Comment