In your face, choosy moms! Serious Eats did a peanut butter taste test and look who won!
http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/05/what-is-the-best-peanut-butter-creamy-brand-taste-test-skippy-jif.html?ref=carousel
While we're on the subject... G always tells me how peanut butter is super high in sugar and my love for it is yet another sign that I'm diabetic. Out of guilt I tried a no sugar added variety of peanut butter.
Not surprisingly, it is DISGUSTING. Do not attempt this at home. I looked into the issue further and discovered that my beloved Skippy has 3g of sugar per serving and this nasty paste has 1g of sugar per serving. Despite the fact that I eat 5 servings in a sitting, I still find this to be a negligible difference and totally worth the taste improvement. For comparison's sake, a pint of Ben and Jerry's (which should be the actual serving size because no one eats just part of it) has 100g of sugar. I rest my case, Skippy is a health food and I'll keep at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment