There is really no need for further text so feel free to stop right there.
Our recent Thanksgiving trip was thoroughly enjoyable, mostly. The weather was warm, the food was delish, and of course the company was lovely. The only problem was the uninvited dinner guest. The Ebola. No reason to point fingers here, I'm looking at you patient zero baby Wyatt, but the plague made its rounds amongst the entire family. The only ones spared were those that got the made up placebo flu shot that may actually work after all. Whatever.
| I'll take my taters with a side of contagion, please. |
The first night home was torture. Not like Bennett's favorite kind of torture but the kind you don't talk about when people are eating. It also included a fever that soared to 104 and made G yell at me to take Tylenol immediately. Fortunately B slept 10.5 hrs straight. Unfortunately I missed out on any of the supposed rest that comes along with that new milestone.
The next two days were spent in a weak achey fog. Mine and B's life mostly existed in a 3 ft radius on the floor. Here I fed him, changed him, and placed him near completely understimulating and uneducational distractions while I slept beneath down comforters. That's right. I abandoned my baby while I slept on the floor. Thank god he isn't crawling. What do people do then?? I need to get tougher.
We've all heard that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world. I'm not trying to launch into that discussion now that I have a whole 2.5 months under my belt, but you know what I miss? Sick days! If something really has to get done someone else does it for you! I find that benefit to be severely lacking in my current line of work.
So far little B only has mild symptoms and for this I'm very grateful. I really hope he is spared! My research informs me that the precious antibodies that my body is making right now to fight this thing are actually making their way to his meals. Nature is just brilliant.
Nature is also not without flaws. Exhibit A: the flu.
No comments:
Post a Comment