Thursday, September 22, 2011

Defying physics


The laws of physics are not flexible, or so they say. One of these laws, the law of conservation of energy, states that matter can't be created or destroyed.
I have defied this law of physics. A few days after returning home from the hospital I thought it would actually be fun to step on the scale. They say that when you add the weight of the baby to all of the other goop that comes out most women lose 10-12 lbs after delivery. Surely I had to be down, oh, say 7 lbs and 4 oz?? It just seemed like it would be exciting to be that much closer to my old size. Ladies: DO NOT EVER THINK THIS OR TRY THIS AT HOME.

Four days after delivery, I was down 1 lb. ONE POUND!! Granted my entire body is swollen like a sausage which is apparently due to all of the fluids they pump into you and the after effects of pitocin, blah blah blah. I do not buy this explanation and rather believe that I have defied physics and created matter. Not only did I create a human, but I made him out of nothing. I generated a human! Where is my Nobel Prize?

2 comments: