Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Childhood obesity begins at home

I love math so here are some numbers. Bennett was born at 7 lbs 4 oz, roughly average birth weight. Today he is 5 days shy of being a month old and he is pushing 11 lbs, GREATER than the average 2 month old weight. The boy has fat rolls on his hands. Cute now, but later? Not so much. It is already comical to try to squeeze him in his newborn clothes and newborn diapers are simply out of the question.
chubby baby

Admittedly it makes me kind of happy to know he's getting so fat as it makes the millions of feedings at least feel productive. The only wrinkle, however, is that the "little guy" has also developed a bit of a neediness. He basically boycotts sleep unless he is being held. Not only is this a teensy bit inconvenient for obvious reasons but it is quickly becoming infeasible. Let's just say, I've never lifted a dumbbell that weighs more than 10 lbs.

Just as I was about to despair, an angel was sent to me in the form of my sister-in-law. This angel arrived with a Moby Wrap and my life was saved. To be more accurate my arms were saved and I have regained the use of both of my hands. To be even more accurate I have regained the use of one and sometimes two of my hands as I am still learning how to properly wrap. Bennett is happy and I am able to eat while he sleeps! He sleeps so well that he doesn't even mind getting crumbs on his face. Thanks Suzanne! And here's to many more years of chiropractic care.
see? she radiates serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment