Friday, October 28, 2011

He's got... personality

Walks, personality
Talks, personality
Lloyd Price anyone?

Anyhoo, as it turns out Bennett is offended by what he feels is a rather one dimensional portrayal of his character on this blog. He points out that to the casual reader he is nothing more than a needy fat kid. I really have only discussed his weight gain and love of snuggling and indeed there is so much more to his personality. At his urging I'll elaborate.
"Mom, I am offended."

-For starters, clearly he can use a laptop and read at a fairly advanced level to have taken issue with this in the first place.
Genius

-His favorite thing in the entire world is staring at windows. Perhaps he is a nature enthusiast? I think he probably just likes the light and shadows but part of me is worried he's planning his escape.

-He feels things very strongly. He will awaken from a dead sleep screaming with desperate hunger. There is no "I am mildly tired" or "I feel just a bit peckish". Only "waaaaaaa I have been awake too long" or "Oh my god feed me or I will actually drop dead".

-He's a big talker. He will talk to his animals, the polka dots on his wall, furniture, or even thin air. Of course he likes talking to me the most (when I stick my face in between his and whatever he was previously talking to.) His favorite game of late is to mimic sounds. I make the "ooo" sound then he makes the "ooo" sound! It took him a while to get it and when he was successful for the first time I literally screamed with delight. He was terrified.
Staring out the window AND talking to his gift from Amy.

-He may not be an athlete, much to his father's dismay. Despite my best efforts he shows absolutely no interest in tummy time, and in fact promptly falls asleep. He might never crawl. He also shows zero interest in grabbing toys or even in figuring out that he has hands. He would rather have a conversation or stare out the window.
"Who needs hands when there are things to look at? I will just keep them out of my way here."(Thanks Sheila and CJ!)
Roughly 2 seconds into tummy time.

It would seem we have an uncoordinated orator on our hands! (Who also loves to eat and snuggle.)
This is my 'buried by a fat baby' face.

No comments:

Post a Comment