I had my 6 week follow-up appointment with my OB yesterday. Of course I took little B along to show off too. I figure the doctors like to see all these babies looking... how shall we say... less scary??
 |
| Yikes! |
Rather than being impressed by the complete disappearance of B's immense conehead, my doctor walked in the room and said "Wow, usually that hair would have fallen out by now...". He paused, took one look at B, me, and back to B then said, "You know, I still really don't know how you did that." He said I should thank my mom for giving me a "perfect pelvis" because if there was anything wrong with it Bennett would not have been able to come out. He didn't elaborate but I assume I would have ended up with a chronic pregnancy as I had feared and that I would now be carrying a 12 lb fetus.
 |
| Although it first appeared that I came home from the hospital with a baby AND a 5 month old fetus it must have been an illusion of the horizontal stripes. |
Well, I am happy to report that the fetus appears to have been completely removed and everything is all back where it should be. Most importantly I received clearance to run, although apparently I could have been doing that already and no one would have been shocked. Oh well. To celebrate, I left B in the doting hands of his Oma and immediately went for my first run! I have roughly zero muscle remaining so carrying myself felt about as hard as carrying me + fetus did but with greater balance. For now I'm just happy I didn't keel over.
 |
| Confession: I did occasionally run for a block or so during walks as creepily captured here by my dad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment