Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Total MILF

Despite all appearances, Bennett is actually not the only man in my life. I do still have a husband who I occasionally see during shift changes. I was kind of starting to forget what he looks like in the light of day sans bedhead. He is far too fearful nice to say it but I'm sure he had forgotten what I look like sans hair sticking up everywhere and pajama pants. You can see then why we were excited to go on our first post-baby date. My mom watched little B and we headed out for a night of romance at the local P.F. Chang's. I suppose I should confess that I didn't actually brush my hair due to time constraints but I did wear a (dirty) pair of jeans and mascara!

We had a lovely evening all in all. As predicted by absolutely everyone, we mostly talked about Bennett. I don't feel like this says as much about the state of our relationship as it does my life. It's really all I have to talk about these days. We could talk about G's job more I suppose but I guess I'm not that supportive... will work on that.

I kicked the date off right by ordering a glass of wine. I got carded. To everyone that ever told me that I would enjoy this one day, you win. That day is here. I am totally a MILF. Alternatively, my wardrobe selection, hairstyle, and lack of any makeup or sense of put togetherness screamed "sullen teenager" but I'll take option A. My now illicit seeming alcoholic beverage arrived and although I didn't even finish the glass the room began to spin. I'm still not sure if this was the wine, the crippling fatigue, or the wicked combination.

Overall dinner was very enjoyable until we both confessed that our fatigue headaches were overpowering and so we asked for the check. We asked for doggie bags and our, up until that point not awkward at all waitress, stuttered and asked if she should pack ours up separately. No, together will be fine thanks... Rather than dropping it she asked were we sure? Weren't we going to separate locations? Hot. I am having an affair with my husband. See? Total MILF.

We then came home to a sleeping baby. Bliss. Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment