Friday, November 18, 2011

2 Month Recap

My angst turned out to be unwarranted, thank goodness. B took his shots like a champ and in fact handled the whole ordeal better than I did. He screamed when the needles went in and then was totally fine as soon as I picked him up. My tears took slightly longer to subside. The car ride to and from the pediatrician, however, was not such a breeze for him since it involved the dreaded car seat.

As per usual, the nurse and the doctor both asked me what I have been feeding him. They claim that since birth he's gone from the 25th percentile in weight to the 90th while remaining at the 50th in length. That's not quite how I read the charts but their computer seemed certain of it. Upon receiving word of the physician's report, multiple grandparents implied they are concerned he might have a lifelong struggle with his weight. The pediatrician assured me that it's impossible to get fat on breast milk and babies can't be emotional eaters. Despite the fact that he seemed to have taken this as a challenge, all indications are that he's healthy and the most adorable patient they have.
Tired and wounded from supporting herd immunity

In other news, Bennett rolled over for the first time today. I was hoping I had a little more time with an immobile baby but he seems to have other ideas. It did terrify him greatly when he was successful so maybe he won't repeat this for a while.

"Please develop a strong bond with me now so our relationship can weather the inevitable storm of my not becoming a pro athlete."

"I pooped myself!"

All it took to get G to look stupid dress up for Halloween was carrying and birthing him a son.

For some reason when you clap his hands he opens his mouth.

So snuggly.

He wonders why no one takes him seriously.

Naturally he prefers the toys that make the most annoying sounds.
Could they make the safety information harder to find on this car seat?

He's a tummy sleeper. Don't report me to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

"Did you say I could have cookies for breakfast at your house??"

Playin' it cool with the ladies

I didn't gel his hair, it's au naturale.

When people say he looks cute in hats I think they mean his hair is ugly. Thanks for the hat Teresa!

Seconds before he screamed. Sitting is scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment