Despite not physically residing in my belly anymore, baby Bennett is still basically attached to me and drains me of every last resource. He also continues to give me a backache, albeit a different one. When I was medically pregnant, I had to watch what I was eating to ensure proper nutrition, eat more than usual, lay off of exercise, and still be constantly fatigued. Now? Check, check, check, check! My lower back used to ache constantly from his burgeoning girth. Now? Please mark a huge check in the back pain column. The boy is already 9 lbs and an insatiable snuggler. While this is completely adorable, I now have an upper backache from carrying his chubby baby butt around all the time. I am also getting some killer guns, thankyouverymuch.
| fat guy in a little coat that he comfortably wore home from the hospital |
As for all the other charming aspects of pregnancy that were caused by hormonal shifts, yep, still there. I read that it takes 9 months for your body to build up a certain concentration of the crazy sobby chemicals and then you shed them in only a matter of weeks. As a result I spend every night sweating like a hostage and every day waiting to burst into tears at a diaper commercial. There is one benefit of the prolific perspiration, however, in that the aforementioned sausage feet (and sausage entire body) have disappeared and I'm no longer swollen.
| lifted the shade post-walk to discover he wormed his way out of that hat. i cried because he might've been cold. |
Possibly the only thing I truly preferred about being pregnant was the stretchy top jeans. I am working on converting all of my pants to pseudo maternity wear so if you see me strutting around in elastic waists don't start any rumors. I'm not having another baby right now I just never want to go back to buttons and zippers.
In all seriousness I am happy to report that besides the crippling fatigue and searing boob pain, I feel fantastic. I feel super lucky to have had such an easy delivery and completely admire those that have to care for a newborn while still feeling crappy. Just for accountability's sake I feel I should confess that I hopped on the elliptical this morning just to see what it was like. B promptly cried and demanded to be held so I didn't have time to wreck my recovery yet. Thanks, little man, for saving me from myself!
| gratuitous cuteness. he loooves that whale. thanks cristin and jay!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment