Silly women and our body issues (and our Twinkie habits) have caused American clothing manufacturers to monkey with their size charts so we can all feel better about a few fat rolls. Admittedly I have put clothes back on the rack before because I certainly didn't wear THAT size but I felt dumb doing it at least. We all feel better wearing a "smaller size" even if we aren't smaller. I get it, it's brilliant, yadda yadda.
Do we really need to delude babies too though!!?? Sure my son is on the larger side but according to the CDC weight by age distribution chart I downloaded (too much free time?) he is far from the biggest kid out there. The lines on the graph are fuzzy but he's somewhere around the 80th percentile in weight meaning 20% of babies are fatter! Tell me why, then, he is about to graduate to 3-6 month clothes when he is barely over 1 month? What do the really fat kids wear?
 |
| According to the fashion industry that is a 3-6 month gut. |
Does he need to feel like a big kid? Is this why the sizes are screwy? I can guarantee he isn't reading the tags on his clothes and I am in no hurry for him to grow up. I probably wouldn't care so much except that he won't be able to wear the Christmas sweater I already bought him on Thanksgiving much less on Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment