![]() |
| Any bump you think you see is made of sandwich. |
-Baby is the size of an eggplant. Have you ever seen the eggplant section at the grocery store? They vary in size from tiny to enormous which renders this estimate useless. Alternatively, baby is about 14 inches long (tall?) and weighs more than 2 lbs.
-On a somewhat related note, baby is supposed to be the size of a watermelon when he arrives. Watermelon is my latest craving so I bought one yesterday. I had to have G get it out of my car and carry it upstairs because it was so huge which sent me into a fear spiral. To calm myself, I had him weigh it. Turns out I bought a 20 lb watermelon which I'm thinking is not the kind they are talking about on The Bump.
-3 weeks from today is my big brother's wedding! Like any dutiful bridesmaid I've put on substantial weight leading up to the big day to help the bride look even more stunning. (Not that she needs any help in this department!)
| The groom has bad table manners. |
![]() |
| This was taken almost a week ago so it's possible the situation has changed. |
-I enter the 3rd trimester next week. I'm told this means I will start to feel uncomfortable soon.
-I'm running the Pride Day 5K this morning. When registering I had to select male, female, or transgender. I strongly considered transgender since I was registering for myself and a small boy but I thought that joke was not in good taste for the event. The race takes place at the time and place I run every day and was thus the most convenient race in history. Additionally (and pardon the slightly political message) I support the cause as I will love my son the same, gay or straight.
-I previously promised not to address the belly button issue but I've gotten a surprising number of questions about it. I had no idea you all cared so much but if you must know, it has not turned into an outie.
-4ish weeks until my doctor doesn't want me flying to far places anymore. When asked to clarify he said the east coast was far but Vegas would still be good for a couple more weeks. Rephrased: my doctor told me to book a Vegas trip asap.
-My uterus (still working on being a grownup who doesn't choke on that word) is the size of a soccer ball or basketball, depending on who you ask. Are they really different sizes anyways?
-Prior to tonight's game, Sports Club Stats gives G's team a 97% chance of making the playoffs. Why do I mention this? Well, first because I am the most supportive soccer wife (who maybe attends 50% of games) ever. Second, because the season needs to stretch out a bit if baby is going to make it to a game this year. If this happens G's life will be complete and his head and heart will simultaneously combust from joy. I can't even imagine if they it all and G gets to hoist his mini me onto his shoulders (whilst providing him good head and neck support).



hahaha. I love your posts. And you're right about the eggplant - I just bought one and I can speak to the size variation. :)
ReplyDeleteTransgender would have been awesome. Esp for Utah!