Ok I feel like I have made a lot of posts that revolve around sugar lately and in case you are worried about my health (mom and dad) I would like to reassure you. While I do enjoy sugar, probably more than most, I have been beyond anal about being healthy this pregnancy. You do not need to be concerned! Sure, I sample the new Ben & Jerry's flavors but they only release like 3 a year. Most days I eat TONS of fruit and am diligent about getting my 80 g (yes I upped it) of protein daily. Oh and I eat vegetables and take my vitamins. See? Nothing to worry about. Just because I love dessert doesn't keep me from being a responsible mother. You can breathe now and be proud of my maturity.
Just to prove it, here is a pic of what I like to call my protein arsenal. It takes a team to keep a vegetarian properly nourished.
If my grandma were still alive she would ask "Hilary are you still on that silly diet?" I have been a vegetarian since infancy but she thought it was weird and would ask me that question literally every time I saw her. She was wonderful and hilarious and I miss her tons :(
 |
| Cooking up something vegetarian! Check out my bangs/eyebrows/braces/outfit. |
Speaking of Grandma's, my mom (baby's Grandma!) arrives today. Besides experiencing all our fine city has to offer she will also help me get the baby's room set up and decorated.
Love your protein arsenal... you should check out Peanut Butter & C0., they make dark chocolate and white chocolate peanut butter.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine anything more delicious sounding but to tell you the truth I'm afraid to buy the stuff for fear I couldn't stop!
ReplyDelete