I guess in retrospect I did have a somewhat blissful 2nd trimester, at least in comparison to now, because I'm starting to really feel ppppregnant. Here are a few new experiences I've enjoyed in the past week or so...
-Bent over in my seat to pick something up off the ground and was surprised to find something ENORMOUS in my way that kept me from bending enough to reach the desired item.
-Had a fun day of hiking, swimming, and watching fireworks with friends and then had to recover by sleeping a full 8 hrs, napping for 2 hrs, waking up to eat a yogurt, then napping for another hour.
| Found this on G's phone. Guess I snuck a little rest in post-hike too. |
-Sat outside at a soccer game in 80 degree weather and left the game with monkey feet. (I didn't elevate my feet because I was wearing a dress and I still have some dignity left.)
-Ate an entire pizza because I was so hungry and then suffered for hours because my stomach is too smushed to hold such a meal.
-Tried to go to sleep after aforementioned pizza meal and could barely breathe when lying down. Not only is there not enough room for pizza but there definitely isn't enough room for pizza and my lungs.
Grossed out yet? If not, here is a video of the alien in my belly. This isn't his most dramatic performance but it is a good representation of what he does all.day.long. This particular video was taken roughly 30 minutes after a run. I was pooped, he kept going. Show off. Oh, and ignore the soundtrack, I was watching History International. Baby is a history nerd like his father.
I don't mean to sound like a total negative nelly, it's not all bad! One of my most recent, very pregnant, experiences, was purely positive and simply glorious. On a random Sunday evening we decided to make a late night (for me anyways, it was probably 8:30) ice cream run. Since there was still one new Ben and Jerry's flavor G and I hadn't sampled yet, the choice was obvious. We picked up a carton of Bonnaroo Buzz. Since it was almost 9 by the time we got home I immediately changed into PJ's and queued up the latest episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians. One bonus of living in the mountain time zone is that every good show is on much earlier. G kindly gathered two spoons and the three of us climbed into bed (me, G, ice cream). One would not survive.
It was how I always dreamed pregnancy would be. We finished the pint in bed while watching a little drama unfold between Kim and Kourtney. Then G gave me a back massage. Then I fell asleep. I didn't even brush my teeth, thankyouverymuch. If only every day ended that way. I would have done a review of this flavor but honestly I think the gloriousness of the eating experience tainted my judgment. Bonnaroo Buzz consists of coffee and malt ice cream with whiskey caramal swirls and English toffee pieces. I hate coffee ice cream, malt flavor, and whiskey so I'm guessing that I actually hate this flavor when not consumed in such a heavenly fashion.





No comments:
Post a Comment