I had my first internal exam this past Tuesday. You know what you really don't want to hear from your doctor during one of these? Any sort of exclamation! Guess what I heard from my doctor? "Oh wow!" Thankfully he eventually followed up this comment with, "The baby's head is reeeeeeeallly low." This is apparently good news as it means baby's located the exit and is moving that direction. It's also good news in that his head is now stuck and he won't be able to flip any longer. Gotcha kid! Based on this information alone my doctor said "If this wasn't your first kid, I would say you might be having him tonight." CUE PANIC!!! For all my talk about wanting this thing out of me, my reaction told me that maybe I'm not quite ready. His final assessment was that I "prooooobably wasn't having the baby soon and he would see us next week." He believes baby will wait until some time in September.
![]() |
| September has a much better birthstone than August. source |
Finally he shook our hands and said "See you next week if not sooner!" G and I walked out having no idea what any of that information meant. (If you are my dad, brother, or any other male relative don't read this next part.) Clearly unfamiliar with what a visit to the lady doctor typically entails, G's only comment on the visit was, "I really never thought I'd shake a man's hand after he got that friendly with my wife."
In conclusion, we will meet our (maybe) 6 lb. peanut some time between today and 3.5 weeks from now.


No comments:
Post a Comment