Sunday, August 14, 2011

An ode to my baby daddy

This Friday, August 19th, marks the 5 year anniversary of my first "date" with G! My stepmom had been trying to set us up for some time and I tried my best to make it go away. Finally my dad got involved and he would not be denied. He told me that G was good "breeding stock" and I should just give him a chance. Guess we'll see if he was right about that!

Anyways, I say "date" in quotes because we met up after midnight at a particularly divey dive bar in Adams Morgan. The lights were low (except for when the fluorescent signs started flashing for the Jell-o shot specials), the air was crisp, the light beer was lukewarm, and love was in the air! The rest, as they say, is history.

I can't believe all we've been through in the past 5 years! A year after we met, G left his job in DC and moved to Utah when he landed his dream job. We did the long-distance thing for what felt like far too long. I went to grad school out here while commuting back and forth to DC. We got engaged. G's team won a championship. I, sadly, left my job and, happily, moved here permanently. We bought a house. We got married. Now we're about to have a son! Sometimes things have been hard, and looking back at that list of major life changes that shouldn't be shocking, but I couldn't be more happy, he makes me laugh all the time, and I love him more and more every day! Now I can't wait to see him in our son. I feel like I need to say something biting or crack a joke here because this is another sappy post. Eh, sorry, get used to it. I'm hormonal for another 4 weeks, we'll all survive.
NYE 2007 in DC
First trip to Chicago to meet the parents!
Vegas baby
Antelope island our first weekend in Utah. Eventual engagement location.
Bienvenido a Miami
Stadium in the works
One of many outdoor adventures
Engagement night!
Celebrating the championship!
I'm a master
Dec 4th 2010
Honeymoonin'
With baby on board at Justin and Suzanne's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment