Monday, August 29, 2011

A rock and a hard place

I am very much looking forward to not being pregnant anymore. I feel that over the past 9 months I have given a good summary of the reasons for my feeling this way so I won't repeat them yet again. Over the past few days, however, I've come to the startling realization that in order for me to not be pregnant anymore I will have to give birth to this baby. That terrifies me so much that I might rather be pregnant forever. Rock vs. hard place, what to do?

For whatever reason, when I think about going into labor in, say, 5 days I get very excited. If I think about going into labor in 5 minutes I start hyperventilating. Then if I think about going past my due date I become enraged and inconsolable. Where is Mel Gibson to tell me what I want??? (I realize that none of this is in my control, thank you, but pointing this out to me isn't going to make me like you very much right now.)

Until something happens I plan to spend copious hours eating dessert and watching movies as it's way too hot to go outside, I'm too tired to move, and I'm only able to milk this for a little while longer.

Here is photographic evidence that I'm now waddling. Tell me that baby hasn't dropped.
38 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment