Friday, September 14, 2012

Consistent

I'm writing this from my phone so please excuse any wonkiness. We are safely on the east coast despite the fact that my little trick didn't work. Delta actually tried to move a guy out of our row but alas the seat they thought they could move him to was occupied. At least he was nice.

B put on his typical dream travel performance. We were surrounded by roughly 10 women of grandmotherly age so he had quite a receptive audience for all of his smiling and waving.

Then, because he only napped 30 minutes all day, B went to bed at his usual time and with great ease. Mainly I think this was because he is meant to live on the east coast and his little internal clock knows this. It is also because he is an expert in consistency.

I don't have a lot of nice things to say about his sleeping habits but one advantage to sleeping so poorly is that travel doesn't tend to make things (much) worse. (If he decides to prove me horribly wrong on this trip I will of course regret this entire post.) Just for kicks last night I plopped him in the hotel crib and said, "This is where you will sleep tonight." He screamed and reached for me to get him out. I put him in the big bed and said, "Just kidding, you can sleep here with mommy." He was instantly happier. I like to remind him occasionally what a sweet deal he has just to keep him in line.

Now I have to run. My best friend is getting married this weekend so I need to focus on squealing and crying!

2 comments:

  1. Aww it sure looks like he enjoys sleeping with his Mama! What a lucky boy. Great to hear he adjusted so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safely! Flash gets em' everytime... Does it stop us? Hell no!! ; )

    ReplyDelete