Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Good news bad news

The good news is, IT WAS THE MOLARS!! There is a reason for all of our suffering and it is a reason that will eventually go away. The bad news is it hasn't gone away yet. The nighttime torture continues, days are full of neediness, and naps are fitful and need to be closely managed with nursing and rocking.

Right now B has one molar mostly through and one more just under the surface. It's his bottom two that I can feel yet that picture I diligently pinned on Pinterest suggests that the top ones are supposed to arrive first. Are they likely close behind? In a way I am cheering for the other two to immediately follow so that we can get all the exhaustion out of the way at once and close the door on this round of teething.

B also is finally taking great interest in walking so that milestone might not be too far away either. Before we know it we will have a toothy toddler who will eat crackers all day and no doubt sleep through the night.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you have an answer to the problems... even if that hasn't actually helped!! ;) Hopefully those teeth will sort themselves out soon. Love his little thought bubbles as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Funny how much having an explanation helps one cope with the suffering.

      Delete
  2. New follower here. I have a son too, but he's only 9 months old...but I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading mom blogs :) B is absolutely adorable! Carter (my little monster) hasn't gotten molars but my sister's son got his recently and she said it was a TERROR. I'm dreading those bad boys already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for reading!! Hopefully Carter will breeze through all of his teeth. Maybe it's a myth but I hear that some kids do so I'll be cheering for you!

      Delete