He isn't walking yet so I can still call him a baby and not a toddler and for that I am grateful. I occasionally pick him up, cradle him, and rock him in my arms and call him my baaaaaby. He either thinks it's funny or fights his hardest to get away. Wonder how he'll react when I do that in the parking lot as I'm dropping him off for the first day of middle school?
Just like rocking my 12 year old (in public) would be weird, I think keeping a blog about my 12 year old would be weird. Not only would it be embarrassing to him but imagine what would happen when he runs for president. B will at some point probably call 47% of his stuffed animals lazy and I'm sure he won't want that video floating around.
Remember how when Facebook started it felt like a fad and everyone was firmly convinced we wouldn't still use it when we were, gasp, married! Then wedding pictures popped up. But surely no one would use it once they had kids. Enter the creation of STFU Parents, aggressive uploading of baby pics, and play by plays of poopy diapers. No one stopped at the right time and now Facebook has become terrible.
So how does one avoid over-mommy-blogging? Should I quit now while there is a clean break at one year old? Or do I keep going and risk oversharing about my pre-teen? What to do...
![]() |
| One year old! |

but but but but what would I do without my Benny updates??! Surely we can delay this topic for at least another year.... or so!! Unless you desperately want to quit and then I'll have to adjust. Sniff.
ReplyDeleteProbably I will delay the topic :) I might just be more slack in my posting. We will just need to Skype with the boys more often!
DeleteKeep going!! I would miss the little guy too much and I know so many other readers would too. I don't know when the best time to stop is but I am sure 1 year old can't be it! ;)
ReplyDeleteAww thanks! I probably won't be able to keep myself away. Just keep me in line if I start posting things that will embarrass him in high school.
DeleteKeep going until 5/kindergarten. Talking presents some pretty good material...
ReplyDeleteI'm still waiting for YOUR blog!
Delete