Thursday, June 7, 2012

MENSA application submitted

Because pregnancy wasn't enough, the What To Expect franchise now offers books and web content on all stages of baby and childhood. Thankfully, between The Knot/The Nest/The Bump and What To Expect I feel that my entire life has been, and shall continue to be, properly micromanaged.

Much like with pregnancy, there is just not enough going on with babies to generate interesting or useful daily content. As an example, the other day I received an email with the subject "Is My Baby Gifted?" Obviously I know the answer to this (he exceeds perfection in every way) but I clicked to read the article anyways.

The signs of genius in a baby are apparently things you wouldn't think of like 1. your baby seems smart 2. your baby figures things out that other babies don't figure out 3. your baby learns quickly. I was regretting wasting those 4 seconds of my time until I got to the bottom of the list. It turns out if your baby is a bad sleeper it could mean he/she is gifted!

I doubt Mozart could compete with those thighs.

Great! I'm going to run with that. Now when I'm up 5 times a night I will just tell myself it's B's budding intellect that is keeping us both awake. I'll simply massage his cranium and see if I can calm the rapid neuron development long enough to get him back to sleep.

I trust that the poor intern who had to write this article did thorough research so based on B's unprecedented display of sign #6 of genius, I have gone ahead and spent his college fund on shoes since the scholarships should start rolling in any day.


All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. Haha... I too clicked on that article and thought of B! I also read somewhere that kids with big heads are smarter... I spy 1 large noggin on that kid. Please remind him everyday that his Aunt Zan loves him as I intend to cash in on my blackmail later when he becomes a famed genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that he would be pulling himself up soon! Good luck to the little genius-actually how can he help but not be a genius with the genes that he got from both of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hillary,
    My name is Jordan, and I'm with TLC Book Tours. We coordinate online blog tours for authors and publishers. I'm working with TLC Book Tours on a tour that I thought you might enjoy reviewing on your blog, Peanut Butter Spoonfuls. The tour I'm currently working on is the novel, "A Simple Thing", by Kathleen McCleary. Set in the rural San Juan Islands in Washington State, this novel is about a mother who moves cross-country with her two troubled children to re-examine her haunted past and discover what it means to love and forgive herself.
    If you were interested, we'd have the book sent out to you in exchange for your posting your thoughts on the book on a mutually agreed-upon date in late July to mid August. We don't require positive reviews, just honest ones. 
    I'd love to have you on this tour if you're interested! I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jordan (at) tlcbooktours (dot) com
    (I'm posting here in comments because I couldn't find your contact information on your blog- sorry!)

    ReplyDelete