The only problem is that he is figuring it out wrong. So far, he seems to think that most, if not all, words start with the letter 'B'. His first official word was "bye bye" (said in correct context, while waving goodbye to my mom). His next word was "ball". We were sitting and playing and I kept pointing to a ball and saying "ball". He ignored me forever and then randomly turned around, pointed at the ball, shouted "bah!" and grinned with pride. Later he pointed at his stuffed bears while whispering "beer". I'm not sure why he whispered that one unless he really meant to say beer and B and the bears were discussing their plans for after G and I went to bed. Regardless, I was pretty convinced B is a genius.
| Later I found him whispering "bodka" to this dog... |
Then came his next words. These were words that don't actually start with 'B' and the trouble started. When I pick him up (10000 times per day) I usually say an exaggerated, "up!" For some reason I didn't the other day so B said it for me. Or at least I think he did. As I lifted him off the floor, he screamed "Bup!" Hmm. For a while he seemed to get the whole Mama and Dada thing. He still gets the Dada thing but I seem to have become Baba. Sometimes Bamba.
The only conclusion can be that he is too smart for English and is inventing his own language. Surely his IQ is off the charts, yes? Hopefully he sorts this all out before he addresses college applications to Barvard and Bale.
No comments:
Post a Comment