Fast forward 9 months and I wonder why I ever thought it was hard before. Although B no longer thinks a new diaper will result in his imminent demise, the process does get in the way of many other things he had on his schedule like destroying everything in sight. Because he is not yet smarter than a chimpanzee, he does his best to prolong the change to ensure that it will be even longer until he can return to spreading chaos. I can only imagine this will get worse as he gets stronger and more spirited. At least it's hilarious when someone else is doing the changing.
| "Dad, Mom doesn't use this table thing anymore just so you know..." |
| "I think she hates it because I do this." |
| "And this. Ooo is that a tower of blocks down there? Must knock over!!" |
| "Get me to those blocks!!!" |
| "Moooom, he won't let me knock over the blocks." |
| "Oooh my stuffed animals are on top of the bookshelf. I need to remember to knock them all down too." |
hahah this is absolutely hilarious and adorable!!! Made me a bit scared for the months of house destruction to come with Alidia though! :P
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I can so relate to this! My 7.5 month old squirms and flips like a fish out of water. It is nearly impossible to change him now. :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha! It is always much funnier when it is the other parent having to deal with whatever the current battle is. And FYI, the degree of destruction doesn't get any better as they get older. So, brace yourself!! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, we gave up on the changing table when my little one was about that age. Now she's 13 months and I have to race her around her bedroom and get her diaper on while she runs to anything in the room that seems more fun. When both of us are around, my husband holds her down (distracting her with every toy we have) and I change the diaper as fast as I can.
ReplyDelete