So about that, ever since we started co-sleeping (technically bed-sharing but I find that term weird) I stopped updating the Sleep Talking Tab. This is because I am never coherent enough during these night-wakings to actually remember enough to document. I suppose this is a victory of sorts?
As evidence of my lack of coherence, I have a story relayed to me by G. First, for background, our routine is to put B to bed in his crib and I immediately rush to bed and pray that he sleeps through the night. This hasn't happened once in B's entire life so the backup plan is that G deals with any wake-ups while he is still awake himself. Then when it is G's bedtime, B comes to bed with us. While our hope is always that B will sleep straight from 7:30-midnight and then be peacefully transferred to our bed, this doesn't often happen because of the cardinal rule of children. "There is always something!" Now that we have been home for almost an entire week, B's sleep disruption du jour is teething. More specifically it appears he has 4 more teeth on their way. All of this means that he often wakes a couple of times on G's watch.
| His current set of teeth is enough to tackle puffs so I vote we quit while we're ahead. |
That was a long background. So now for the actual story. Apparently, the other night, G was trying to stay up late to very generously ensure that I got a nice long stretch of sleep. He tended to two of B's wakings but at 1:30 was getting very sleepy and decided to take B to bed. Rather than laying him down on my side, as per our routine, G kindly took him on his side and tried to get B to settle down. B was on to the trick, however, and started wailing. I'm not sure if I woke up and don't remember or I managed to sleep through the whole thing but either way, G tells me, I screamed out, "Too early! Too early!" I guess I felt that despite G's overtime that night, his shift wasn't yet up.
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!

Teething is brutal. Hang in there!! We did a similar routine with my eldest (praying he would sleep throught the night, and then eventually hauling him into bed with us etc) but by the time the second one came along I was too tired to pretend otherwise and just went to bed with him in our bed from the start. The first was in his own bed by then luckily, LOL.
ReplyDelete