Hi! I haven't been committed! I know my last post made it sound like I was on a quick decline and headed to the funny farm. Sorry if I had you worried (hi, Dad!). I am alive and well(ish). B has been sleeping poorly but not as poorly as he could and I've had some chunks of sleep to semi-recover. I haven't been absent from posting because of any kind of medical treatment, I just didn't take a laptop on this trip. I chose, and will likely continue to choose, to apportion my carry-ons such that I have a diaper bag and a toy bag with me at all times. There is simply no room for a computing device other than my phone and Blogger's iPhone app sucks.
We have been busy visiting with family which has absolutely delighted B. I dread the day when he realizes that not everyone on the face of the earth is related to him, in love with him, and willing to play with and cuddle him. Thus far his life experience has done zero to convince him of anything but the above and for a baby I think that's wonderful. The crabby man in the airport security line, however, thinks it's odd when B smiles and reaches for him, expecting that this guy is yet another cousin/uncle/grandfather type who will melt.
B had the honor and pleasure this week of meeting his great grandmother (G's grandma). B couldn't have been more excited and she was pretty tickled too. The scene was heart-melting and the pictures he will likely treasure forever. G and I are so glad we made the trip and if B had any sort of long-term memory/reasoning abilities he would feel this way too. The next trip on our docket is to Texas to introduce B to his great grandfather (my grandpa). Lucky boy! Of course we will continue to fuel his impression that not only our entire house, block, and city love him but that the entire nation does as well.
It hasn't all been love and doting for the young traveler, however. He had a rather terrifying experience that caused much suffering. One would assume this was the 3.5 hour car ride across the mid-west that he endured. One would be wrong. He slept and played happily for that somehow. No, the worst part of this trip for him so far was his first carousel ride at the zoo. Words don't do the scene justice so here is the series of pictures as the horror unfolded.
 |
| "Weee sitting still on this thing is great!" |
 |
| "Umm, Dad? I think the gorilla is moving..." |
 |
| "No, really. It feels a little shaky. I'm worried about the structural integrity." |
 |
| "I think I would like to get off now, Dad." |
|
|
 |
| "Mooooommmyyyyyy!!!!" |
He is just the most adorable guy in the world! These pictures make me want snuggles... Luckily for me, I'm coming to Texas too! Watch out B, this aunt is going to squish you and do nothing but reinforce the fact the entire world adores you.
ReplyDelete