Friday, May 11, 2012

One horse and one carriage or two horses or two carriages

I know I maintain that B will never get married. It isn't that I won't allow it, I'm just convinced he'll never need anyone besides me because my love is that great. I recognize I'll likely want grandkids one day so that B can be repaid for the sleepless nights B can experience the joy I've felt and this might involve B getting married.

By the time this is all possible it better be legal for B to marry anyone he wants in the U.S. (besides horrible controlling girls that will take him away from me). If he loves another man and that is what makes him happy then the law should not stand in his way. Neither should other Americans who have no business telling him who he's allowed to spend his life with. If the will of the majority always dictated the rights of the minority then the electorate would still be composed of white male property owners. Allowing women and minorities to vote did not threaten the democracy it strengthened it. Allowing everyone to marry does not threaten the institution, it strengthens it. This is silly. The end.

source
*Yes, I realize that if B marries another man this will complicate the grandkid issue. I also hope it is legal and non-controversial for all loving couples to be able to adopt.



All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments: