It has been quite some time since I've slept for even 2 consecutive hours. There have been zero days that I've slept past 5 am in recent memory (this early wake up call is not just because of the travel but I'm throwing it on the stack of complaints). Now that we are home and in theory should get back into our routine we are still suffering from the travel hangover. B seems to not know which way is up and is entering an especially needy phase. He needs mommy and boobs more during the day and constantly at night. I don't know if this is due to the travel or his age or a combination really. If it is at all travel related, then hopefully what they say about the hair of the dog is true because we next depart in 2 days. Gah. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing all the friends and family we possibly can and feel incredibly blessed to have people that will even consider allowing us into their homes, but I'm tired.
| Exhausted and sleeping the only way he knows how these days: on me and in 45 min spurts. |
I am so tired, in fact, that I took 2 accidental naps today. This sounds a lot like a brag and not so much like a whine but if you know me you will understand how monumental this is. I am the world's worst napper. I could lie in a dark room, swaddled, with deafening white noise and stay awake for 3 hours. In fact, since infancy, I never napped until I was pregnant. Even then and even with a newborn it took effort and concentration. Today? Not so much. Plopped down to watch a DVR'd Jon Stewart during B's nap time and fell asleep. I feel like I could have slept for hours. (Dear UPS man, I am an Amazon addict and we get at least 1 package per day. I know to look for them so for the love of god please don't ring the doorbell!!!!!!!)
In conclusion, I am putting a moratorium on booking travel. I am beyond excited about everything we have coming up but nothing new is allowed on the calendar. B needs his routine and I need him to have a routine so I can survive.
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!

Travel is brutal when it comes to routine disruption for sure! I'm impressed (and morbidly fascinated) with the amount of travel you have done this far with such a little one.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I told my husband about your "morbid fascination" to try to persuade him further that babies are not cut out to be frequent fliers.
DeleteI've totally been there. We recently did a 8 hour car ride and that was enough to take my already awful sleeper and allow her to somehow be an even worse sleeper. I suppose it should be expected though, I never sleep well after traveling either.
ReplyDelete