This is great news and has inspired me to confess something now that I feel less bad about it. I don't do lullabies. Mainly because I don't know any but also because I figure B doesn't care. He has no idea what is a children's song and what is Mommy's music. Since I have to hear the sound of my own voice (or iPod) I may as well enjoy the music. Usually we do a little Madonna or Tim McGraw, specifically Cherish and Angry All The Time. One of these is happy and has a nice message... the other is about a divorce but has the ability to calm B like no other song can.
I'm fairly convinced he has no idea what I'm singing about but I still feel a little bad about a new low to which we sank last night. I put him to sleep by singing Young, Wild, and Free by Wiz Khalifa.
I guess in a way I'd rather sing to him about drinking and pot smoking than divorce. At least Wiz, Snoop, and co. are singing about having fun...
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!

Lullabies=creepy. Period. The first time g lost it in the car I tried singing to him. The only songs I could come up with the words to were Christmas carols and tv themes from the 80's. The Jefferson's=awesome:)
ReplyDeleteAs usual, I love you. Thanks for making me laugh:)
Thanks for the shout out! Seeing as they don't know the words to songs, I say whatever works :) It reminds me of the Friends episode where they are singing Baby Got Back to get the baby to laugh. Every.Single.Time we changed Norah when she was really little she would scream - then we would sing, "I'm sorry Ms. Norah, I am for reeeeaallll, never meant to make my baby cry..." She loved it ;)
ReplyDeleteHahaha. Lucas's favorite song for a while (around 7 months) was Selena Gomez Like a Love Song, but for the past month or two its clear he's over it. Then, in the car yesterday, when Young, Wild, and Free came on, he started clapping! It's his new favorite song too! Hilarious and I thought of you.
ReplyDelete