Friday, March 30, 2012

Quarantined

After B's worst night in recent memory I broke down and called the doctor. It wasn't so much the hours of crying that worried me, it was the fact that he couldn't eat. At least he couldn't eat and breathe at the same time. While I respect his choice of breathing over eating, I know him well enough now to know that this was serious. Never before has anything stood in the way of him and a snack. The doctor said that given how long he's been sick and the fact that it doesn't seem to be improving we needed to take him in.

The good news is the grossness hasn't spread to his ears or his lungs. The bad news is they said it would be a very bad idea to take him around a newborn baby. More specifically, he was proclaimed to be too infectious to be around his precious little 5 week old cousin who we were planning on visiting this weekend. Thanks for ruining that for me kiddo!!!!!

He is not allowed to share his virus so B is instead passing his crippling binky animal addiction to his cousin.

I kid, I kid. I feel bad for B and just want him to be healthy. I also don't want to be responsible for baby T being hospitalized, which incidentally is what the doctor said might happen if he got B's illness, yikes!

Until we are able to reschedule we will have to resort to Skype for family bonding. Perhaps the only gem to come out of the whole ordeal was a quote from the hotel reservation agent when I called to cancel.  (Keep in mind he is located in California.) He said to me, in a very thick Indian accent, "I'm sorry, I'm having a very hard time understanding you. You have a very thick American accent." Touche.

Wait, that's not true, there was another gem. The doctor pointed out that B is now old enough to take Ibuprofen which lasts a whopping 8 hours as compared to Tylenol's worthless 4. We all slept much better last night thanks to this miracle drug.


All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than a sick baby. Sorry your plans got ruined. Hope he's feeling better and giving you lots of snuggle time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I couldn't understand this blog post, your American accent was too thick.

    ReplyDelete