Monday, April 23, 2012

Petri dish

People here really know what to do with kids. If I were young and single and had to live here I would likely hang myself but it's really working out quite nicely with the whole baby thing. Recently we took B to the children's museum to do some exploring. I figured he would just get a kick out of looking at the other kids but not really care much about the "exhibits" seeing as how he is technically not even yet a child. Wrong! The experts here have thought of everything. Yes, most of the "museum" is for kids but there is a little section for 3 and under. Babies get in free so I'm thinking this section is not a huge draw for people. In fact I think the official purpose is to entertain younger siblings while the big kids play so that families will happily shell out for tickets for the older kids. I think once I have two kids, leaving the house will be roughly 10 times more difficult and I might rather hang myself then too but for now I am a huge fan of the children's museum.

Where can I purchase a twig teepee? This delights every kid.

"I have no idea what that is but I must get over there and lick it."

The baby section is basically just someone else's living room (assuming that someone else had tons and tons of age appropriate toys and soft padded floors). There are shelves and buckets of baby toys and books, and even several bouncy seats and stuffed animals. There is even a cushy couch for the adults. All you have to do is sit there and talk to the other moms while your baby almost has a heart attack from the sheer joy and excitement of all the new toys. The babies will then proceed to put every single item in their mouths, likely contract some obscure form of Avian Flu, and then come very close to melting down from the overstimulation. At this time, and not a moment later, you simply whisk your child away. Here comes the best part. You do not have to clean up! Just take your baby home where he will fall asleep in .2 seconds and take a 2+ hour nap. Glorious. We are going to be lifetime members, I can't wait.

Am I the only mom who lets their kid leave the house in pjs? Get away with it while you can, babies!!

All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments: