I will consider getting pregnant when...
1. I have slept through 300 of the previous 365 nights. I feel this is reasonable and more than allows for illness, nightmares, etc. We are nowhere close to this.
2. My back has been pain free for at least 6 months. I start physical therapy Monday and I'm told that with religious adherence to this new plan I can expect a 50-75% improvement in 6-8 weeks. So again, we are nowhere close.
3. B is out of diapers. He likes to dance around with no diaper on so he seems to think he's ready. I can assure you he is not.
| "What do you have against nakedness, Mom? I look goooood." |
4. B is speaking in full sentences. There is really no reason for this other than the fact that it buys me more time.
5. I am in Hawaii. This is my final and most stringent requirement. I only get pregnant in Hawaii. The beauty of this is that it provides a nice answer to one of the toughest questions parents must address. Given that B will be speaking by the time his little brother (let's be realistic) comes around, he might ask where babies come from. Due to my brilliant plan I can just answer, "Hawaii". The only complication that could arise is in the distant future when I want to go back for another vacation with my 2nd and final child in tow. Probably B will expect that we are having yet another baby and he will tell his brother. When the boys find out that we are not returning home with a new baby they might be confused and upset. Hopefully if we get a puppy the children will be pacified.
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!

You can add "when B is old enough to help change the baby's diapers" to your list!
ReplyDeletethe hawaii excuse is hilarious. that's a perfect explanation for where babies come from and gives you an excuse to go there if/when you decide to have another. ONLY in hawaii. love that.
ReplyDeleteHa!! I got pregnant with my first in Hawaii! I considered telling my husband I could only get pregnant in Hawaii but I feared that really I would just end up with less trips to Hawaii using that method, so I reconsidered. We are now pregnant with our second and we definitely weren't in Hawaii. :-(
ReplyDeleteYou make a great point about losing out on Hawaii trips. I may have to revise my plan. Congrats on baby #2!!
Delete