Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Delirious searching

There is always something. I think that is my new motto so I no longer look forward to the end of whatever sleep disturbance we are enduring and instead manage my expectations properly. The current phase will be replaced with another, different yet just as torturous, sleep issue.

This week's plight to endure is an extended middle of the night wake up. Last night B was awake from around midnight until 2 am so that he could practice making spit bubbles, raspberries, and farting sounds. Exactly one person thought this was hilarious. Trying to get him to sleep only ticked him off and I'd rather spend my sleeping hours listening to noises and giggles than crying. I pretty much just left him in his crib to mouth fart and tried to doze until he needed a back rub and a cuddle to go back to sleep. At least I thought that's what I did.

Flash forward to this morning, you know like real morning with coffee and not just 1 am. I checked my iPhone when I finally came to, and open on the screen was the evidence of a very early morning Google search. There in green, blue, yellow, red, and white was the evidence of a sleep deprived brainstorming session.

Yes, I was going to get in there with him.

I was obviously contemplating a strategy to allow parental soothing with absolute minimal wakefulness and effort. B is no longer comforted by being taken into our bed so I guess I thought the opposite was worth a try.
I'm assuming the limit for the toddler bed configuration is the same for the crib?

That mattress won't even support him alone for much longer. Back to the drawing board!

All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment