Today, in the course of my normal gazing upon my son, I remarked at how the storkbite on his forehead made it look kind of like someone with lipstick on had kissed him.
My mom commented that B would run around looking like that all the time if my Grandma (my dad's mom) was still around. She always always always had lipstick on, like would not leave her bedroom in the morning without it. You could tell which glasses and cups were hers from across the room.
"Well maybe that's who kissed him!" I blurted out without really thinking. After a second we both got a little teary at the thought.
I'm not religious so I don't believe in heaven or angels per se, but I think it's a nice idea that things akin to angels do exist. Rather than telling B that his storkbite gives him magical powers like Harry Potter as I had planned to, I am now going to tell him that before he was even born his Great-Grandma gave him a kiss on the forehead to let him know that she'd always be there to look out for him.
![]() |
| B's angel (we all get to look like we did at 20 again when we die, right?) |
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!


So I got teary eyed at that one...
ReplyDelete