Aside from experiencing true unconditional love, satisfying the evolutionary need to see your own traits passed on, giving your life new purpose, and replacing yourself on the planet... the best part of parenthood is having an excuse to do those things you loved as a kid but are now too old for. These days when I walk in The Disney Store I am no longer that creepy adult who never grew up and makes everyone else uncomfortable. Now I am just one of the many doting parents sharing with their child the joys of cartoon animals that wear gloves and no pants!
Granted, B is at an age where he couldn't care less about most of these things but it is so exciting to be able to participate in all these childhood joys! I am supremely confident that in a couple of years he will be begging and pleading to go to an amusement park and I will be begging and pleading him to please lie on the floor and entertain himself with an empty plastic water bottle like he used to. Too bad I can't appreciate what I have when I have it. For now I spend my days exposing B to experiences that he not only doesn't appreciate but sometimes actively hates. I try to remind him to enjoy it because I'm really doing it for him.
 |
| Mommy's just going to wipe the icicles off your face here so you can stop crying and smile for the camera. |
 |
| Don't talk to strangers. Except for this one. You should let him hold you. |
 |
| I think their expressions say it all. |
 |
| "I find everything about this miserable, Mom. I hate cold, wind, sun, and the sensation of falling." |
 |
| "I can't feel my toes and I have no hands. I was just getting excited that I had fingers and now they are gone. This sucks." |
 |
| "Hey Benny! Pretend like we are being eaten by a dinosaur! Hello? Ok fine, stare at the floor." |
All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment