Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sage wisdom from Paula

B and I are hitting the road and the airways again tomorrow to go meet my nephew and his cousin. We could not be more excited to snuggle the little man!! More specifically, I could not be more excited to snuggle baby T and Bennett could not be more excited to try to fit T's entire head in his mouth and start chewing.

I can think of so many ways in which our presence will not be helpful to the new parents. We will bring the additional chaos of two extra people and one of those extra people really loves to scream and squeal which will presumably wake up the baby. I am hopeful we can come up with some way to offset our inherent negative qualities though. I am great at running errands so hopefully they are experiencing a distressing shortage of paper towels and diapers.

Although I'm well aware that B and T are far too young to give a hoot about each other, I'm still pretty excited to watch them together. Based on what we know of these young men so far, they have absolutely nothing in common. Baby T is tall, thin, has sparse light hair, and is very sleepy. As a fetus, he was more of a roller than a kicker and seemed to generally be calm. B is none of these things. He is short, fat, needed a haircut before he was born, is perpetually awake, and has never been still since he was a zygote. If Ms. Abdul is to be believed, then these two boys are destined to be the best of friends. Hooray!

Opposites attract.
source 
Since I may be too busy disturbing the peace for the next few days to post anything, I'll leave you with these words of advice from another wise woman, my sister-in-law who is a veteran mom of three. When traveling by yourself with a baby, wear pants with an elastic waist. It's the only way you can pee in an airplane bathroom while holding an 18 lb fidgeter.


All you have to do to vote is click the banner! You can vote every day!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! And yes, your SIL is very correct. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overshare of the week: I totally pooped with g strapped to me in the ergo yesterday. Ahhhh, motherhood:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m Katie Morris, the Blogger Coordinator for Stage of Life LLC. I’ve been researching active mom bloggers and came across your blog.

    The reason I’m reaching out is that my client, AudienceRewards - the Official Rewards Program of Broadway, would like to work with you on an outreach campaign to encourage more families to experience live theater and give you and your readers’ special perks on theater tickets, memorabilia, and more. We're calling it “AudienceRewards Insider.”

    I have a badge for your blog if you’re interested in participating.

    I’m happy to answer any questions; I look forward to hearing from you!

    Katie

    P.S. The link for “AudienceRewards Insider” is https://www.audiencerewards.com/redeemcenter/index.cfm?source=BLOG. You might be also interested in our national writing project with StageofLife.com as well. I’d love to answer any questions you might have concerning AudienceRewards or Stage of Life.

    ReplyDelete